Friday, October 28, 2011

A letter to my Sadie love

My Precious one,
Oh how I love you...there is just nothing in the world like the bond between a girl and her dog. I remember so vividly how we met. I was driving back to work from lunch and there you were, trotting along the service road of a highway nearby. I remember stopping and offering you a lift and while you weren't very fond of doors at the time, you let me help you in. It was a good thing my next client was a dog lover or I might have had more explaining to do regarding our furry friend that tagged along for his massage. You were so skinny but so sweet....I just had to take you home. I was sad that I had to leave you out in the backyard all alone right after finding you, but I had to go back to work and I knew my husband would check on you. Of course he did way more than that, he sat with you for hours until I arrived home and we could give you a proper introduction to our pack. Those hours you two spent together created such a special life time bond...you were always a daddy's girl. You fit in like you had always been there and oh how I loved watching you learn to be a dog. I remember being startled and pleasantly surprised when you barked for the first time. After that, you were a natural.
You were such a quirky dog, in a sweet and endearing sort of way. I don't think there will ever be a time when I sneeze at home that I don't look for you to come running to me to make it stop. I will miss how you carried your poor deflated soccer ball around in your mouth, whining as you searched the house for the perfect place to hide the "baby." I don't know that I've ever seen another dog try to roll up a hill of grass just to reach the perfect spot on their back, but you did.
My time with you here is this world will never be enough, and yet the wear of the years on your body is now more evident than I care to admit. God blessed me and my family with an amazing gift in your devoted and oh so precious life and I am grateful for every minute I've had with you.
My precious, precious girl, you have made my journey in this world so much richer than I could have ever dreamed and my heart will never again be totally complete until we meet again.
I love you Sadie girl.


Sadie
Jan 10, 2000 - Oct 28, 2011

1 comment: