Thursday, March 24, 2011

When I am not in the Garden...

I spend alot of time in the kitchen. I love to cook and bake and find great joy in feeding those that I love. One of the biggest wishes on my list when we were looking for a house was a bigger kitchen. While my last kitchen wasn't tiny, for a girl who likes to spread out, it still felt cramped.
I am now blessed with a great galley style kitchen that has amazing storage, lots of counter space and a perfect layout. It reminds me of my grandparents kitchen and I love that. The decor is much different, but there is a certain air about it that is somehow nostalgic and comfortable. What makes it even sweeter is how natural it feels to my family when they come for gatherings. I cherish that my home has become the hub of family gatherings. I find it a great honor to step into the shoes of the role my grandparents played for as long as I can remember.
So in the spirit of my love for the kitchen, of course it was one of the first rooms I had to put my personal touches on.


Here is the kitchen nook before we moved in:

Here is after....we found this wonderful table after many months of looking, it just fits perfectly in the nook and we feel right at home with a booth! Not to mention, the kids love it!






And here's the heartbeat of the kitchen in the house..



And what makes it alive in a home!


2 comments: