Friday, March 30, 2012

Slow but Steady

Projects are going slowly this season, but I am plugging along as time and energy allows. I am thrilled that my Iris are blooming like crazy this year!!



These Iris are especially dear to me, as they came from my mama's and gramma's gardens. I had no idea what I was planting color wise and am excited that there are two lighter purples on either side of the little girl! I think mama snuck out from heaven to arrange this for me! I did get my passion from gardening from her!My Hot Lips Salvia is a happy camper! You can't really see it in the picture, but just behind the yarrow is my new baby vitex that I planted. I can't wait til it's gets big!
I had to abort working on the stone path for a spell as the hedge ( I think it's Cleyera) is blooming like crazy. We've never seen it bloom like this in the year and a half we have lived here. It's pretty but boy the bees are going crazy around it. We've watched countless bumble bees spar in front of the hedges and knock each other into the pool. With me having a venom allergy, I decided the path would wait until all the hub bub passed.
I have to admit, I've already hit the nurseries shopping. I have a wish list of roses that I want to get started this year and I am excited that I have found 3 of them locally already!! Below is a climbing Iceberg Rose. I also found Mrs. Dudley Cross ( yellow) and Climbing Pinkie as well!! As soon as I am able to get them in their new homes, I will share where they went!
I have told myself no new beds this year! I have others projects to focus on this spring and yet here we go. I just couldn't help myself. I really do want to work more on the front yard, it's just that my backyard is my paradise. However, just about everyday when I am walking the dogs, I see my naked mailbox when we come home and just had to spruce it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment