Monday, April 23, 2012

In a Day

That's marked for me
Left me smiling til my cheeks hurt.
A start with my Father
and then a talk with my dad,
a brand new playlist and music that stirred my soul.
Breakfast in the company of love,
pampering from my beloved,
Words from many who stay close to my heart.
Perfect weather and a stroll with my dogs,
Lunch with a cosmo
and my beloved.
More pampering and some dressing,
and dinner on plastic pink plates with my beloved.
Purple toes and pie,
Comfy clothes and hopes that rice will work.
And time with my beloved.
Off to bed and then back to the world.
A day of contentment and celebration.
Blessings counted and cherished.

2 comments:

  1. Love your poem! So much in there - was it your birthday? (a day that's marked for me) Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I hope the rice works too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks HolleyGarden! :) It was indeed and hubby made sure it was good! And yes, thank goodness the rice worked...poor hubby drop kicked his ipod into a glass of water!

    ReplyDelete